Friday, August 24, 2007

We've Been Accepted for RAINDANCE !

THE STORY OF HOW WE MADE THE MOVIE...

Well - it's amazing - and a great priviledge - we've just heard that our movie -

U & ME & TENNESSEE - an American romance...

has been accepted in the RAINDANCE Film Festival in London, taking place between 25. September - 2. Oct. 2007 !

Raindance was started some fifteen years ago by Elliot Grove and Suzanne Ballantyne.

I first heard about Raindance in 1992, and wandered into their old office
near Chelsea Wharf one afternoon, where I met Elliot for the first time. I was in London pursuing my day job - ACTING - and I'd been in town for an audition or work.

Here is another production still from the movie, shot by Alan Wylie - Copyright 2006 Alan Wylie.) --------->

The next year, spurred on by continued (inspiring) contact with Elliot and Suzanne, I made my first short film, PANTS ON FIRE, which played Raindance in 1994 (as I recall...) and attracted an investor for my second short film CHRISTMAS CONSCIOUSNESS which we shot around Christmas, 1995, and in early January 1996. CHRISTMAS CONSCIOUSNESS was accepted and played in Raindance in 1997, but family responsibilities prevented me from really capitalising on that opportunity.


And that has been the story for the past decade...

Let us be clear: DIY / Low Budget Moviemaking is not solely the province of the young !

There are many for whom the need to juggle family responsibilities has proved an impediment to making their next movie. But now we've caught the wave !
It's time to premiere our first feature film !

I had no idea I'd ever make - or want to make - a documentary. But when I met Konrad Hopkins I realised that the only way to really capture the story of his experiences with TENNESSEE WILLIAMS would be to forget my preconceptions, my desires to make a conventional feature film, to pay proper homage to this profound story which had crossed my path - and just make it !

Thanks to IAIN THOMSON (who is editing the movie), we are almost there.

And please visit the website for an amazing film - TO TOUCH THE SOUL - which I just discovered and which has just won a prestigious award which should make its wider distribution a welcome reality.

Back to the edit suite ! Time waits for no Filmmaker !

(Copyright 2007 Paul Birchard - All Rights Reserved)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home